What We Do:
The Tax and Compliance department supports Sonoma State's primary educational mission by ensuring that the campus community is in compliance with federal, state, local, and international tax laws and protecting the University's tax-exempt status.
- Partners with the campus community on tax compliance matters related to University operations in the areas of nonresident alien (NRA), payroll, excise, and sales & use taxes, and Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) matters.
- Provides continuing education training to University personnel to ensure compliance with tax regulation changes, news, and information
- Monitors federal, state, local and international tax law developments related to the campus community
- Conducts tax research and prepares tax communications on University tax matters
- Assists the campus community to mitigate tax risk exposures in connection with University functions and activities.
1098-T Tax Form Information: If you need a copy of or have questions regarding your 1098-T tax form, please visit Seawolf Services 1098-T FAQ webpage.
If you have further questions regarding your 1098-T tax form, please contact the Seawolf Service Center at seawolf.servicecenter@
How Can We Help?
- Where can I access a copy of my 1098-T form?
- I have questions regarding my 1098-T tax form, who can I contact?
- Where can I find the most updated sales tax rates?