We want to remind all offices receiving cash, checks or credit card payments must adhere to the following general rules:
- Checks should be immediately endorsed/stamped upon receipt and secured in a locking drawer or safe.
- Cash or checks need to be deposited within two business days of receipt and supported by a CashNet receipt or completed deposit transmittal form.
- Cash or checks held overnight should be kept in a secured approved locked drawer or safe.
- Transportation/delivery of cash or checks should be in a sealed tamper evident non transparent money bag with the tear off slip retained by the originating office.
- To comply with Chancellor’s Office/Systemwide guidelines, all deposits must be transported under double custody (two employees).