The CSU has entered into a contract with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. Daily and weekly rates below are effective through June 30, 2023. The Primary vendor is Enterprise Rent-A-Car for all government travel. In the event that Enterprise Rent-A-Car is unable to provide service, National Car Rental must be used. The acceptable method of payment is personal credit cards.
Travelers are currently required to provide their current CA Driver's License when picking up a rental vehicle from Enterprise or National. For security reasons, renters will now be required to show a second form of identification at the rental counter. Travelers should be prepared to present an SSU ID card or a business card that identifies them as a state traveler.
|Company||Corporate I. D.||Base Daily Rate||Telephone|
When making online reservations, the corporate identification number is required along with the PIN code. Please contact the A/P Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for the PIN code. Also, the renter will be required to enter a SSU Business Unit (SOCMP, SOSSE, SOASI) in order to complete the reservation.
SSU travelers are required to use one of the companies listed above when traveling on University business. Please request the "State Contract Rate" when making your reservation. It is important to give the corporate identification number to ensure proper rate and insurance coverage for the rental. Rates will include unlimited mileage, provided the car is returned to the renting location or other drop point authorized by the company at the time of pickup. The maximum rate incorporates the rental of the vehicle, itemized list of airport access fees, vehicle license fees, State, City and County or local surcharges, and $300,000 insurance protection per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage combined. Sales tax and refueling charges are not included in the rate. Travelers should not agree to purchase insurance and will not be reimbursed for insurance charges within the 48 Continental U.S. states. The cost of full collision coverage for rental cars used in Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. possessions, and foreign countries, is allowable.
Rates quoted will not be subject to blackout dates and do not require a minimum rental period. If the Company provides a vehicle not included in the contract or authorizes a different rate, the terms and the conditions of this Agreement will nevertheless apply. The rental agency may periodically decrease or increase rates below this maximum. The current rate shall be quoted to the state traveler at the time of reservation. The rates listed above are applicable nationwide excluding the state of New York.
Not all rental companies honor the contract for rentals outside of California. When making reservations, please ask if the rental company will honor the CSU Contract Rate.
Additional charges for insurance coverage will not be reimbursed if a non-contract agency is used, unless no car rental company in the area has such an agreement with the University. Adequate justification for use of a non-contract company will be required on travel expense claims to obtain reimbursement.
Rental of 15 passenger vans are prohibited. A 15 passenger van means any van manufactured to accommodate 15 passengers, including the driver, regardless of whether the van has been altered to accommodate fewer than 15 passengers.
Drop Charges and One-Way Rental Information
State travelers must notify the renting company when a vehicle cannot be returned to the renting location as specified in the rental agreement. One-way Drop Charges may apply.
Weekly rate for the contract companies is typically six times the daily rate.
Local Car Rental Prices
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car/Leasing Rohnert Park Branch (707) 586-5600; Email: EnterpriseRentACaremail@example.com
- Hours of operation:
- M-F: 7:30 am - 5:30pm
- Sat: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Sun: Closed
- Please note, Corporate ID in table above must be used to guarantee rates and coverage.
- Rental of 15 passenger vans are prohibited. A 15 passenger van means any van manufactured to accommodate 15 passengers, including the driver, regardless of whether the van has been altered to accommodate fewer that 15 passengers.
Note: Cargo Vans must be rented at the Santa Rosa Enterprise Truck Rental branch (707) 545-7586. All miles traveled using a cargo van are billed at $.20 per mile.
Agreement has been reached with Enterprise Rent-A-Car for rentals that originate from and return to a local Enterprise Rent-A-Car branch (trips previously covered by the campus vehicle pool). The following chart reflects the pricing structure currently in place with the local offices of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. These rates are valid for University business travel only.
|Class/Size of Vehicle||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Mid-Size/Intermediate: 5 seat belts||
|Full-Size: 5-6 seat belts||
|Mini-Van: 7 seat belts||
|FWD/Sport Utility Vehicle: 5-6 seat belts||
Note: These prices are subject to change and do not include sales tax or California Vehicle License Fee.
This agreement includes the following:
- Rates will always be in accordance with the California State Rental Rates
- Collision Damage Waiver and $300,000 liability coverage
- Requirement that drivers must be travelers of the campus (paid or official volunteer)
- All drivers must be licensed and at least 21 years of age or older. There is no additional charge for renters between the ages of 21-25.
- Due to the wide variety of vehicles, reservations are made by car size only.
- The ProCard holder books vehicle(s) via email EnterpriseRentACarfirstname.lastname@example.org using the Corporate ID#. The email to the Enterprise branch must include travel dates, times vehicle(s) needed, names and DL # of all drivers, and type of vehicles requested. A one week lead time is required, particularly for the rental of a 12 passenger van. In addition, the email must include if the driver needs a ride to Enterprise.
- Enterprise will guarantee reservations. If the car size reserved is not available, Enterprise shall notify renter within 24 hours and provide rental options at no additional cost.
- If requested, Enterprise can and will pick up the drivers from campus and return them to campus during business hours.
- Due to privacy policies, local Enterprise branches are not allowed to store credit card numbers on file within the branch. SSU department ProCard holders can set up a direct bill account for local rentals only which allows for University renters to pick up a vehicle without presenting a personal credit card. All rentals under the account will be charged at the time of vehicle return and an invoice will be available electronically for the designated billing contact within 48 hours of return via www.enterprise.com.
- Enterprise is authorized to charge the average local "pump price" should the rented vehicle be returned with less gas than when it was originally rented.
- Enterprise may add a service charge of $2.00 for refueling if required.
- When reservations are canceled with less than 24 hours notice, Enterprise may charge a cancellation fee of up to $50 per vehicle. No cancellation charge will be assessed if the reason is late notice of a "rained out" sporting event.
- Mileage is unlimited. (Does not apply to the 3,000 mile cap on monthly rental rates.)
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Payment accepted via departmental ProCard or personal credit cards.
- Enterprise has agreed to email a receipt to the renter within 24 hours of rental return.
- The driver of Sonoma State University is responsible for returning the vehicle back to the rental location, as well as placing the keys in the locked key-drop box.
- Enterprise shall ensure no 15 passenger vans are rented to Sonoma State University.
Enterprise Local Rental Direct Billing Account Process - Procedures for defining user responsibilities, how to make reservations, pick-up vehicles, drop - off vehicles, and obtaining invoices.