All individuals traveling on official Sonoma State University business are required to adhere to and familiarize themselves with the CSU Travel Policies and Procedures prior to undertaking travel on University business. All travel payment documents are audited; therefore, it is important for the traveler to retain and substantiate all travel expenses.
Travel advances require a seven business day lead-time to process through the Accounts Payable Department. Please plan and secure appropriate signatures in advance.
Travel Guidelines Effective June 1, 2021
Effective June 1, 2021, the California State University will resume the authorization of travel that was previously suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Travel must be pre-approved and travelers should follow all federal, state, and local health orders in both the area of origin and the destination. The creation of a travel safety plan will be required. This applies to any and all University and auxiliary travel, including athletics, clubs and grant-funded travel. Review the guidelines and form for more information.
Per Assembly Bill 1887 (AB1887), the complete list of affected states will be maintained on the California State Attorney General. Please check regularly to ensure travel plans are not affected by the ban.
The following states are currently subject to California’s ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel:
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
- Montana, effective July 1, 2021
- Arkansas, effective July 29, 2021
- West Virginia, effective July 8, 2021
- South Carolina
- Florida, effective July 1, 2021
- North Dakota, effective August 1, 2021
CSU Travel Policy and Procedures Login Instructions
- CSU Travel Policy and Procedures 3601.01 You will be prompted to sign in if you aren't already logged into SSU Online Services
- Refer to Section V. for a link to the Travel Procedures and Regulations effective 10/20/2016.